Saturday, May 8, 2010

That *&^(*(& "F" word!

Okay, world!  Can we please just remove "that" word from vocabulary?  For the last week I have waged war on that word in my home.  I have told my friends that if they ever use it they will be asked to leave.  I've avoided movies and other programs that use words like that regularly.  And for the most part I was winning.

Then......

I get a book I have really wanted to read.  Guess what?  In the very first chapter.  In the very first couple dozen pages "that" word was used, not once, not twice, but 85 times!!!!!!  And what made it even worse to me was that the book did not use a single other bad word.

Remember how the Smurfs used the word "smurf" at least once every sentence and on some occasions several times.  Smurf was a noun, a verb, and adjective.  Well in this book, "'that' word is used the same way.

It's ugly, tasteless, offensive and just plain vulgar.  A person I value greatly told me once that "using foul language was a sign of a lack of education.  Cursing is what you do when you have nothing intelligent to say."

So, smarten up world, talk like you have a brain.  Or remember what the Bible says.

"Pro 17:28 Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is consideredwise; When he closes his lips, he is considered prudent."

Stay tuned....

Posted via email from What I Think Of.....

No comments:

Post a Comment